- find out more
The charming state capital of Adelaide offers open spaces, vibrant markets and street side cafes, whilst the beach-strewn coast is just a short journey away. It’s the perfect base for exploring the rest of this fascinating state as well as the being the starting point of the famous Ghan train journey through the Outback to Alice Springs and Darwin.
Treat your taste buds to world class wines and fabulous ‘slow food’ in the Barossa Valley and discover amazing wildlife on Kangaroo Island, Australia’s answer to the Galapagos. Beyond lies the distant horizons and aching silence of the Outback.
Trailfinders is the UK and Ireland's No.1 to Australia and one in six of all visitors from here travel with us. Almost all of our travel consultants have travelled extensively here, often returning time and time again.
OUR HOLIDAYS TO SOUTH AUSTRALIA
If you'd like to see how you could fit this state into a wider exploration of the country - take a look at our Australia Holidays page.
South Australia Highlights
Nature & Gourmet Retreats Of Southern Australia
Wine, Kangaroos & Southern Sights - Motorhome Australia
Kangaroo Island 4WD Explorer
Eyre Peninsula: Wildlife & Ocean Encounters Extension
The Great Ocean Road - Motorhome Holiday
WHERE TO GO IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Adelaide & Glenelg
OUR RECOMMENDED HOTELS IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Sea Dragon Lodge
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
THINGS TO DO IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Fleurieu Explorer with Gourmet Food & Wine
Barossa Food & Wine Experience
Ultimate Winery Experience - Taste your Birth Year
1 Night Kangaroo Island Highlights Tour
Great White Shark Tour
Our Latest Offers to South Australia
No-fly Iceland IntensiveLocation: South Australia
- 12 night cruise aboard Azamara Quest including full board, selected drinks, gratuities and an exclusive evening event for Azamara guests
- Voyage: Dublin - Overnight on board in Reykjavik - Isafjordur - Skagafjordur - Overnight on board in - Akureyri - Husavik - Seydisfjordur - Dublin
- Departs 16 Aug 21
Greece IntensiveLocation: South Australia
- 1 night 5★ Athens hotel
- 7 night cruise aboard Azamara Pursuit including full board, selected drinks, gratuities and an exclusive evening event for Azamara guests
- Voyage: Piraeus for Athens - Mykonos - Kusadasi for Ephesus - Patmos - Rhodes - Agios Nikolaos - Santorini - Piraeus for Athens
- Return flights & private transfers
- Departs 18 Jun 21.
Speak to a Travel Expert
We believe booking online is no substitute for one-on-one service. Between them our expert travel consultants have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. As a result the service and advice they offer is second to none.
South Australia Fast Facts
Flight Time to South Australia
€20 Off your visa service charge if you have booked your holiday with Trailfinders.
20% Discount off immunisations at our London Travel Clinic if you have booked your holiday with Trailfinders.
Trailfinders Travel Insurance
Enjoy comprehensive cover in South Australia from just €59 for 7 days with our superb value Single Trip Travel Insurance.
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME - YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications - real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest - restaurants, shops, stations...plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator
Don't Miss Out
Sign up for our Email and be the first to hear about our Red Hot Offers and Travel Inspiration.
Order a Brochure
Our full range of 2020 brochures and the latest edition of the Trailfinder magazine are out now - get ahead of the rest and start planning your next escape.
Get In Touch
Submit An Enquiry
If you can provide a few more details we can look at the best available options before we call you.